Monday, March 22, 2010

Divorce

Jesse & I would have been married 8 years this coming tax day (4/15/2010). We just signed the final papers this past Friday, hard to believe it. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Happy its finally resolved (all the details), but understandbly (I believe) a bit sad about how things turned out. Let me be clear, I still think it was the right decision, but it certainly has it's expected (and unexpected) consequences. The mediator said it will be 2-4 weeks before its official. Wondering what the chances are that the papers will be stamped as final exactly on 4/15?

All in all, things have gone as good as one could hope for. Jett is understandably sad - he says he doesn't like that he always has to miss one of us. But as far as these things go, it couldn't be any better. Jesse and I coordinate, very closely, how we want to raise & discipline Jett. We have even been taking a parenting class together. BTW, I recommend this course to any parents. It's wonderful and so worth the expense. http://www.incaf.com/.  More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment